Registered users are required to access Platts market data subscriptions (including price assessments and Platts eWindow Market Data) using an SFTP client (recommended, e.g. Latest version of Filezilla or Winscp).
Note: Some SFTP clients can be downloaded on the internet for free, but please consult your IT Department to determine the appropriate one to use.
1. Open SFTP Client.
2. Enter the host and the registered user's log-in credentials on the designated fields.
- Server name or host: sftp.platts.com.
- User name:
- Protocol: SFTP
- Port: 22
Note: The user name and password are case-sensitive.
Once logged in, the status should indicate successful connection:
3. Select the location / local site where the data should be saved.
4. After successful connection is established, the registered user should see a set of folders which contain current and recent historical files for all market data categories included in the subscription. These are labeled with the respective dates in the format <YYYMMDD>.
5. Each of these folders contains the .ftp files for each market data category subscribed, for each day these are assessed. Each file contains all of the value updates so far today for the symbols in that data category.
Note: The market data categories that appear on the screenshot below may differ from what the registered user may see on their screen.
6. Double-click on the .ftp file/s to download and save to the location / local site selected in step #3.
The green progress bar should appear to confirm transfer status. Once transfer is 100% complete, the .ftp file should appear in the location / local site.
Note: If the contents of the downloaded .ftp file appear garbled, you may need to select the ASCII option in your FTP client software to adjust the format as you download it.